Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

The Urban Wheel

The past three weeks of teacher education have been the hardest of the year. I've always lived by the saying, the more you know, the more you realise you dont know. Standing outside the rhombus isnt as liberating as it sounds. Mental exploration can be a lonely pursuit, but i was reminded last tute that i have a team of good people who are watching my back. As a human being, I feel comfortable with the pack mentality. That said I guess we need each other to stay positive, and focused, so we dont get distracted by damaging influences.

As for my experiences the past three weeks... Its a really good question. I feel like new ideas are harder to digest, because I (and im sure this ring trues with all of you) am beginning to develop my own identity as a teacher. What i believe i have accessed, read, assessed, and analysed. If I can use it, ive made it fit, if i can't, ive let it slide, but used it to strengthen my own point of view.

The main thing i have learned, which is also my main cause for concern, is the amount of hard work it takes to be good at anything. Perhaps natural born anythings dont exist. Everything takes work. As for Teaching, i feel honoured to be working with the people ive met during the course, and im exited to be part of a unified front.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?